Why use Train 4 Health and Safety?
- Our courses are written by occupational experts and safety professionals
- Our courses are accredited by the most respected Health and Safety awarding bodies
- The internationally respected accreditation means that you can be assured of the course quality, therefore will meet your needs
- Courses are engaging and fully interactive
- Courses are simple to use, even for individuals not used to online training
- Certification instantly available
- Ring us if you have large numbers – we will discount the prices
Who should do Health and Safety Training?
- 1.2 million workers suffering from a work related illness
- 2,538 deaths due to asbestos exposure
- 142 workers killed whilst at work
- 76,000 other injuries reported under RIDDOR
- 611,000 injuries (Labour Force Survey)
- 27.3 working days lost
- £14.3 billion cost of injuries
Must everyone do Health and Safety Training?
Yes. Health and Safety Training is legally required. The 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act states the requirement is: “provision of information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of employees”.
Over the subsequent years, this act has been built on by many additional acts of legislation.
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999: "Employees must work safely in accordance with their training and instructions given".
Training is particularly important:
- When people start work
- When people are exposed to new risks, e.g. new machinery
- If people have been away from work, e.g. career breaks, illness or pregnancy
In fact, regularly, to ensure their knowledge is up to date.
Training in health and safety is not a once in a career event. It is ongoing.
To download in full the Health and Safety at work etc. Act 1974 please click the link below:-